Surgical Dermatology in Seattle, WA
I’ve been coming to North Sound for several years. I have total confidence in them. Dr. Craig Baugher is always kind and never keeps me waiting. Thank you for being so conscientious. – SUSAN R. K.
At North Sound Dermatology, our board-certified dermatologists, dermatology PAs and dermatology ARNP are either fellowship trained in skin surgery and Mohs micrographic surgery, or they have received further subspecialty training in skin surgery during or after their residencies. We offer surgical dermatology services to residents in Seattle, Everett and the surrounding areas.
We are able to remove many skin growths that appear to be benign, which may include cysts, moles, and fatty growths called lipomas. Skin cancers can be surgically removed with local anesthesia in our clean, sterile office environment.
About North Sound Surgical Dermatology
Our providers are either fellows or members of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, the American College of Mohs Surgery and the American Academy of Dermatology. Our offices are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and all of our practitioners invest considerable time in continuing education to stay abreast of the latest discoveries and techniques.
Surgical Procedures at North Sound Dermatology
Some typical surgical procedures offered by the team at North Sound Dermatology include:
- Cryosurgery– Using liquid nitrogen, a lesion can be destroyed. Patients may undergo cryosurgery for the removal of a wart or a pre-cancerous lesion (actinic keratosis).
- Curettage and Electrodessication– This particular treatment for skin cancer involves the removal of a cancerous lesion with a sharp, round instrument called a curette, followed by the cauterization of the rest of the cancerous skin cells to destroy them.
- Excision– Removing a lesion may be necessary in some situations. Excision uses a scalpel to remove an abnormal growth and then the doctor sutures the wound closed.
- Grafting– This is the process of transferring skin from another part of the body to repair a defect caused by the surgical removal of a lesion.
- Scar Revision– There are several treatment techniques used to reduce the appearance of surgical scarring. While surgery is not always necessary, minimally invasive treatments may be used.
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery– This skin cancer surgery has the highest cure rate of any treatment for the most common skin cancers. Done under local anesthesia, the doctor removes only the cancerous skin and leaves all the healthy skin, so that the final cosmetic result of the repair is optimized.
Dr. Schmidt of North Sound Dermatology is one of only two fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons in the county. Contact North Sound Dermatology to request more information, learn about our insurance information or to schedule an appointment. We serve the communities of Seattle, Everett, and the surrounding areas.