COVID Safety Policies
North Sound Dermatology Community,
We miss you and hope that you are doing well and are staying safe. We cannot wait to see you again, but we know that we can only do so in a safe environment.
We would like to make you aware of our new COVID-related health and safety precautions that we have instituted in all of our offices, so that you know what to expect at your next visit.
The CDC considers non-hospital based, community dermatology offices like ours to be a low risk exposure environment for COVID-19, as we do not see or treat patients for COVID-19.
Despite the fact that we are a low risk environment, we have instituted the same personal protective equipment, sanitation, and social distancing guidelines that the CDC has recommended for hospitals and ERs.
As an alternative to in-office visits, we continue to offer virtual/telehealth appointments. All you need is a phone or a tablet or a computer. For more information, please visit https://www.northsoundderm.com/telemedicine.
In order to minimize the number of people that our patients come into contact with, and the amount of time that patients spend in our office, we have implemented the following:
- We are only allowing the patient (and a parent/caregiver, if necessary) to enter the office.
- We are requiring that you arrive for your appointment with your own face mask or face covering (like a scarf or bandana). We will not be able to see you unless you arrive with a face covering.
- We will check you in by phone the day of your appointment before you arrive at our office. After you arrive, we will ask you to call us to let us know you have arrived, and we will then come out and get you.
- We are screening all patients with the questions, below, as well as with a no-contact thermometer. Anyone with a temperature greater than 99° F (37.2 C) will be asked to return home.
- Patients must answer “No” to the following screening questions in order to be seen:
- Have you had any cold or flu symptoms in the past 3 days? Symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Have you traveled to any region known as a “hot spot” for COVID-19, in the last 14 days?
- Have you come in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days?”
- After you have completed the screening process, you will be escorted directly to the exam/procedure room.
- If a payment or follow up visit is needed, our office will call you to complete this.
Additionally, North Sound Dermatology continues to enforce the following policies to ensure our patient’s safety:
- All employees will be screened the same way patients are and will wear a green dot sticker to indicate they have passed the screening questions and temperature checks. Employees who do not pass screening will immediately be sent home.
- All employees will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including N95 or surgical masks and eye protection, in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Cleaning and disinfection of exam and procedure rooms and high-touch surfaces will be performed following each patient visit.
- Additionally, routine cleaning and disinfection of all frequently touched surfaces throughout the office will be performed on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
We are confident that we have created one of the safest places in our community for our patients to be and look forward to seeing you again soon.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 425-332-7981. Thank you for helping to keep our communities safe and healthy!